Essential tips to choose the right wireless security camera
One of the major concerns of people is the security of their beloved houses, cars, businesses, etc. You are more vulnerable to nightmares if you feel that you have left your precious belongings unguarded, and cannot keep an eye on them when you are away. Thus, one can say that people are relieved with the introduction of security cameras. Well, humans are always trying to outdo their predecessors, so the traditional security cameras found a tough competition in their upgraded version – the wireless security cameras.
What are wireless security cameras?
- As the name suggests, wireless security cameras are devoid of the hassles of transmission of the data through wires.
- A wireless security camera is a closed-circuit television camera (CCTV), which transmits video and audio signals through a radio band to a wireless receiver.
- The term wireless implies the mode of transmission of audio and video.
- Some cameras are battery-powered, which makes them truly wireless, but if the wireless security camera has a poor battery-life, it would simply add to your security woes.
What is the difference between the wired security cameras and the wireless security cameras?
- The principal difference between a wired security camera and a wireless security camera is their mode of transmission.
- The wired security cameras are connected to the home network via wires, whereas, wireless security cameras contain a wireless radio transmitter. This transmitter broadcasts the camera’s videos, which in turn is picked up by a receiver.
- The last difference is that of aesthetics. Since there is a web of wires that surround a wired security camera, it hampers the appearance of the same. Wireless security cameras are devoid of such paraphernalia which the traditional cameras come with.
How to choose the right wireless security camera?
If you are out to buy the right wireless security camera, then ensure that it has the following features.
- Remote access/monitoring – This feature comes in handy if you wish to monitor your business or your home closely even when you aren’t around. With the help of remote access, you can check whether the nanny takes care of your baby or if your pet is fine when you are on vacation. With the help of your smartphone and the wireless security camera, you can keep an eye on everything that transpires in your home in your absence.
- Motion detection and instant alerts – The latest wireless security cameras are equipped with a very useful feature, which is motion detection and instant alerts. In your absence and after turning on the alarm system, the camera can detect any suspicious movement, and you will receive an alert regarding the same on your smartphone.
- Night vision – Wireless security cameras are useless if they do not feature night vision. Cameras with night vision can detect movement in the dark, and you will get a clear surveillance video if you ever have to check it.
- The coverage area – Before you choose the wireless security camera, check the maximum distance it can cover. The entire cause of getting a wireless security camera is lost if it can cover only a short distance.
Which are the best wireless security cameras to opt for?
When you are out shopping for wireless security cameras, it will prove helpful if you know which one to buy. So, here’s a list of the best wireless security cameras which will ensure that your home remains protected.
- Netgear Arlo Q
- Nest Cam Indoor
- Reolink Argus
- XmartO 8 Channel 960p HD Wireless Security Camera System
- Belkin Netcam HD+
- D-link DCS-2630L
- Netatmo Welcome
- Logitech Circle 2
- Ring Spotlight Cam
It is imperative that you choose the perfect wireless security camera with the right features as it will give you a live update of the on-goings in your home and its premises. You wouldn’t want to compromise on the safety of your loved ones, would you?