What are the features of a midsize luxury sedan?
A sedan is a passenger car and usually is capable of seating upto 5 people. It is ideal for those people who don’t need a ton of sitting space as well as no extra space for the luggage. There are various benefits of buying a midsize sedan since firstly, it is less expensive compared to larger models that offer pretty much the same services and luxuries. There are various advanced features also included in mid-size Sedans nowadays, like monitoring the driver’s drowsiness, giving an alert when children are getting down the car. There are various options available with mid-size sedans, all having their own distinct features. With the market flooded with options, it is very easy to browse through midsize sedans from various companies and make the choice that is best for you.
What do you mean by the term Sedan?
- The term sedan usually means popular vehicle body type or shape of those vehicles that are usually characterized by their long wheelbase and spacious passenger cabin or compartment.
- According to the British vehicle terminology, this vehicle category is also known as ‘Saloon’.
- The term Sedan has been derived from the Italian language. As per the Italian language, the word ‘Sedia’ means a Chair.
What are the different sections of a sedan/saloon car?
- The most articulate characteristic of this kind of vehicle is the three compartments or the three-box structure.
- The three-box structure of the vehicle majorly indicates three different sections of the engine, the passenger cabin, and the luggage compartment.
- The car’s engine is at the front and luggage space or boot is at the rear end while the passenger compartment lies in the middle. In some cases, the order of the engine and the luggage sections may reverse. The spacious passenger compartment lies in between these two sections.
- Additionally, saloons usually have a longer wheelbase as compared to any other vehicle types. Therefore, it allows the engineers to separate the three compartments in an easy manner and make each compartment sufficiently spacious.
- This makes sedans much longer in dimension. This makes it is difficult to move them in congested urban areas leading to manufacturers developing the sub-4-meter (compact) sedans.
- Manufacturers are also making the saloon in either two-door (also referred to as ‘coupe’) or in the four-door configuration. This type of vehicle is most popular in American and European markets.
Which are the features that a good midsize sedan must have?
There are various midsize luxury sedans available today, each of them offering similar features with a few exceptions. While these exceptions make deciding challenging, there are a few basic features every midsize sedan must offer. These are:
- Alloy Wheels
- Camera Technology
- Heated Rear Seats
- Infotainment System
- Keyless Access
- Rear-Window Sunshades
- Safety Warning Systems
What are the pros of buying a midsize luxury sedan?
- The biggest advantage of a sedan over other types of cars is their locking trunks which make it easy to secure your luggage while traveling.
- Its sleek and elegant style make it an obvious eye-catcher.
- Since there is a huge demand for sedans in the market, you are bound to have more options to choose from.
- There will be more models available that you can choose from as well as more trim options will also be available.
What are the issues related to a midsize luxury sedan?
- They do not offer the ease of parking or maneuverability that small sized cars do.
- It has a bigger turning radius
- You will have to get out of the car to access the boot and it can get cramped trying to seat more than a family of four
Which are the best midsize sedans?
Today’s midsize luxury sedans provide more bang for the bucks they receive as compared to any other type of vehicles. There is no doubt that they remain top selling cars in the country because of their unique features. Here is a list of best midsize sedans available:
- Chevrolet Malibu
- Chevrolet Malibu Hybrid
- Ford Fusion
- Honda Accord
- Hyundai Sonata
- Kia Optima
- Honda Clarity
- Mazda Mazda6
- Hyundai Sonata Hybrid
- Nissan Altima