Know about the right food for your dog’s allergies
Looking for the best dog food for allergies? You might want to spend more time on confirming that your dog’s allergy is caused by food and not other factors like flea, feathers, smoke, etc. Allergy caused by food and flea appears same. Therefore, it is important to identify what has caused the allergy so that the treatments can be effective.
What are the different types of allergies in dogs?
For selecting the best dog food for allergies, here are the different kinds of allergies you should that will help you solve the problem with more efficiency.
- Skin allergies
- Flea allergies
- Dog food allergies
- Bacterial allergies
- Inhalant allergies
What are the facts about food allergies in dogs?
- A dog can develop a food allergy when it is five months old or when it is 12 years old
- Food only contributes to 10% of the allergies in dogs
- For better treatment, it is essential to know the difference between food allergy and food intolerance
How to identify food allergy in dogs?
- Know the symptoms of food allergy
- Observe your dog and its behavior
- Make notes to understand better
- Have the veterinarian conduct a hypoallergenic test on your dog
- Give all the things you had observed and noted to the vet for proper treatment
What are the symptoms of food allergy in dogs?
Understanding the symptoms helps in identifying the actual problem in dogs. Right diagnosis will help with the right treatment, and if the allergy is because of food, then you can switch to best dog foods for allergies. Here are the signs and symptoms of food allergies in dogs:
- Chronic ear inflammation
- Paw biting
- Obsessive licking
- Coat quality decreasing
- Rash in the skin
- Itchy rear end
What food should you avoid feeding your dog to prevent food allergies?
Which brands make the best dog food for allergies?
Here is a list of most popular hypoallergenic dog food brands that make the best dog food for allergies.
- Flint River Ranch – It contains rice, lamb, and millet dog formula along with trout and sweet potato dog formula, which are great to treat dogs with allergies. This brand doesn’t add wheat, corn or preservatives in the food products as they cause allergy in dogs. You will only find this brand’s products online.
- Orijen – A product of Champion Pet Foods, this is another hypoallergenic food product. It has received many positive reviews from dog owners for keeping their dog’s allergies at the minimum.
- Avoderm – It adds avocado as one of the key ingredients as avocado contains minerals, essential oils, and vitamins that keep allergies away from dogs. It is also good for stomach allergies and skin of your dog(s). You can find this brand and its products available in many pet stores as well as online.
- Canidae – All natural ingredients are there in Canidae products. For healthy skin and fur, this brand is recommended by many veterinarians.
- Acana – This is another brand of Champion Pet Foods that is known for making the best dog food for allergies. Making hypoallergenic dog food for all allergies and breeds of dogs is their specialty. This is an organic dog food brand that means there is also no artificial color added to the food.
- Pinnacle – A product of Breeder’s Choice Pet Foods, Pinnacle is 100% free from allergens and contains minerals, vitamins, and probiotics that keep the allergies away.
- Nature’s Variety – This brand is the best for allergies caused from wheat and grains. For healthy skin and fur, this brand adds omega fatty acids to the food and makes to the list of best dog food for allergies.