How to find free information on properties using free property records
Property records is a system for recording legal instruments that is exclusively meant for public documentation of land titles and interests. Free property records are different from land registration systems, as land registration does not determine who is the owner of the title or interest.
What instruments are recorded in a free property record?
The instruments that are usually entitled to be recorded include:
- Leases (that usually have long term varieties)
- Easements (which gives the right to cross or use someone else’s land for a specific purpose)
- Court orders
- It also lists technical requirements which state whether acknowledgements are required before a notary public.
What is a property deed search?
- Property deed search is a type of free property record that contains information on property transfers, ownership deed, and other legal documents. This is known as a registrar’s deed or recorder’s office.
- The recorder’s office is usually located in the country’s courthouse; it might also be located in the city hall or any other department. For instance, the deed recorder for San Francisco is situated in the city hall.
- You can either get access to the free property records by visiting the nearest recorder’s office, checking online websites, or through various public terminals of research.
How can you use free property records?
- You can use free property records which will help you to ensure about the property owner and its truthful information.
- These keep the documentation of almost every transaction easy and in place. They help in confirming if a real estate property still exists. It helps in identifying the exact location and defines its exact location.
- On finding the owner of the record, if there’s no address mentioned or if the person has moved to another address, you can check into free public records online and check for the same.
What is a local tax assessor?
- The assessors contain a record of ownership for the properties that are assessed for taxing purposes.
- Members of the public can search the information on tax rates, tax exemptions, and tax liens. They can also search information regarding assessment values. A local tax assessor cannot publish the identifying information of home owners such as their name without the owner’s written permission. To know that information, one has to visit the public records office in person to inspect the public ownership and find the required information.
Where can I find information regarding free property records?
- There are a dozen of real estate websites that gather the information from a variety of sources and offer them to the customers in the form of free public records.
- There are a number of websites that offer such records. Some of them include Zillow, Truila, Realtor, etc. These websites allow you to search properties that are listed as per the area and provide information on homes that are not on sale yet.
- There are mega websites that link other 50,000 public access resources across the country. These websites can be used to filter records based on the state, county, city, and other such categories. Make sure you look for those websites that do not incur a fee for using their search tools and allowing you to access information behind a paywall.
What are the other ways to get free property records?
- A title company provides you customer service and helps in giving you a free property profile. You can ask for copies of property deeds, mortgages, and other property related documents.
- There are some title companies that will help in performing a search based on the seller’s name and help in finding out if there are judgements or liens against the seller, thereby giving you a clear picture about the property detail.
- You can also ask an agent to find out information by subscribing to their services to provide property search based on variable formats.