Child care for kids in the country
If a person is moving into the country with their children, or if both the parents are working, the infant and child care system of America offers to take care of their children. This opportunity best suits the parents who are either career-oriented or need to go to work in order to earn a decent living. This child care is also known as day care. It can also be provided to children by different means, such as teachers, babysitters, nannies, child care centers, etc. Day care looks after children who belong to the age group of 6 weeks to 13 years.
What is the importance of a child care provider?
- A child care provider is very important and is considered to be a child’s first teacher in helping with the early development of the child.
- If excellent quality child care is provided and is professionally conducted, it helps develop a good foundation for a child, along with paving their way for future success.
- A child care provider starting their work in the early life of a child or infant develops their mental, psychological, and social strength.
- However, it is often noticed that this important part that molds the child’s personality is overlooked and taken for granted.
What are the alternative options to the child care system of the country?
- The child care system of the country is meant for parents who are career oriented, wanting to earn sufficiently and have a comfortable lifestyle.
- However, this institute is rather expensive, which causes a hindrance in the goal of earning for a comfortable life.
- However, child care can also be provided to children and infants in ways apart from this system, by nannies, babysitters, teachers, in house child care, day care centers, etc.
Who is a nanny?
- A nanny is someone who offers to provide child care to children and infants as per their family arrangements.
- Earlier, nannies were domestic servants working in big houses and were accountable directly to the lady of the house.
There are different types of nannies working nowadays. What are these types?
There are different types of nannies in today’s modern era:
- Live in nanny: They are responsible for taking care of the child entirely, which includes washing their clothes, cleaning their room, preparing their meals, dropping them to and picking them from school, checking on their homework, etc. This job involves a separate flat and even at times, a separate vehicle. Hence, these kinds of nannies are found commonly in wealthier homes, as their cost of living is entirely looked after by their employers.
- Nanny share: There is a common nanny for multiple families. These families pay for the same nanny to look after their children on a part-time basis.
- Night nanny: A night nanny works on one night or seven nights a week. The children for whom these nannies are employed are either newborn infants or children up to the age of 5 years. These nannies are meant for families who wish to improve their sleeping patterns or inculcate good sleeping habits in their children.
Who is a babysitter?
- A babysitter provides child care services to their employers on a temporary basis.
- There is no child age limit for being supervised by a babysitter.
- These babysitters are either responsible for keeping an eye on the children’s play dates or organizing activities for them, such as games, arts, crafts, sports, etc.
- There are some babysitters who, if paid extra, will be willing to do the other tasks of children, such as cooking, driving the kids around to their routine activities, assisting them in homework, etc.
- A babysitter’s job is a part-time one.
- Babysitters earn their money on an hourly basis, working either on regular days or on special occasions.
Who is an in-home child care provider?
- In-home child care is provided in the house of the child or infant.
- As these children and infants are provided a one-on-one care by the in-home child care provider in their homes, they feel much more secure, as they know that they are in their comfort area.
- This kind of child care is given by both nannies as well as babysitters to infants and kids.
- The nanny-providing employment agencies are regulated by the state but the in-home child care agencies are not.