Best free TV recycling centers in the USA
Science and technology have been moving forward with new advances at an unimaginable pace. We get new and improved versions of electronic gadgets. These developments have helped ease our life in many ways and made our tasks smoother compared to earlier. We quickly get used to the latest technology as it makes our life easier and we eventually buy the latest model for ourselves like a TV, mobile phone, laptop, printers, computers, etc. This leads to the older version at home tends ending up as ‘electronic waste’ or ‘e-waste’ which can be hazardous to the environment. In order to avoid the situation, it is recommended to recycle the old and used electronic devices. One of the many such devices is the TV which has multiple parts that can be recycled for various purposes e.g. the glass, plastics, metal, etc. The e-waste is dismantled to further identify its effective use for other purposes. This is a drive to save the world and planet earth from global warming.
What are the devices or gadgets that can be recycled?
Almost all of the electronic products can be recycled, however, the most popular ones are:
- CD/DVD/Blu-ray players
- Printers, copiers, fax machines
- Cell phones and home phones
Why should you recycle your old TV?
- Recycling of used and old electronic devices helps save energy and protects the environment from hazards caused by electronic waste.
- The old electronic items contain toxic and harmful substances that can cause major harm to the environment e.g. lead mercury, etc.
- The various parts of the TV can be recycled at television recycle centers to produce new devices.
- Television recycling is a wise and practical way of disposing electronic items and contributing more consciously to the community.
What are the benefits of recycling electronic items?
The various benefits of recycling are:
- It reduces pollution
- Saves energy
- Conserves natural resources
- Saves costs
- Protects the environment from toxic waste
- Builds a platform for the creation of new job avenues
- Reduces greenhouse emissions
Which parts of the TV can be recycled?
There are a lot of parts of the TV that can be put to different uses. They can be used to make new products or for refurbishing electronic goods. The parts of TV that can be recycled are:
- CRT (Cathode Ray Tube)
- LCD (Liquid Crystal Display)
How can you recycle an old TV?
- There are many non-profit organizations and local communities that undertake recycling work for effective waste management.
- You can take the device to the center for recycling and get rewards e.g. cash back, coupons, cash, etc.
- You can also call the television recycle centers and provide your address to get the device picked up by their executive. The executive will provide a price for the product after a careful examination of the wear and tear of the internal parts for TV recycling.
How can the recycled products be used?
- The recycled products are used for making a new product or to refurbish and repair the old device.
- If they are in a usable condition then they can be donated to organizations e.g. hospitals, schools, hotels, colleges, offices, etc.
- The repaired product is also a convenient buy for those who want to opt for a cheaper model instead of an expensive gadget which tends to burn a hole in their pockets.
Which are the best free TV recycling centers in the US?
- Best Buy: this is one of the largest centers for recycling electronic goods.
- Central Appliance Recyclers: This center offers recycling of all household and business electronics. They offer additional services such as pick up, refurbishing, pricing, etc.
- University of San Diego for their electronics recycling center
- CompuPoint: It is the fastest growing recycling firm and offers great services for recycling electronic items.
- Cleanlites: is the leading waste management center in the USA
- Ecyclers: They provide home pick up services and follow safe methods to dispose or recycle ‘e-waste’ products.
- HomeBoy: They offer reliable services to recycle electronic waste for complete customer satisfaction.
- Good Point Recycling: they practice ‘Fair Trade Recycling’ to enable safe disposition of e-waste products. They provide services that include refurbishing, repairing, etc.