An introduction to auto insurance quotes
“Many of us take better care of our automobiles than we do of our bodies…yet auto has replaceable parts” – B.J. Palmer
What are auto insurance quotes?
- Auto insurance is also called car insurance, vehicle insurance, or motor insurance.
- Auto insurance, as the word suggests, is insurance for automobiles such as motorcycles, trucks, cars, and other road vehicles.
- It provides financial protection from damages due to road accidents, theft, vandalism, natural disasters, weather, and collision with parked or immovable objects.
Why should one have auto insurance?
- Most states in the country require a vehicle owner to have auto insurance (states such as New Hampshire and Mississippi offer different options when it comes to auto insurance).
- Auto insurance enables you to pay for the expenses that could arise as a result of owning an automobile.
- It gives a sense of security to the insurance holder.
- It is a measure that provides safety to your car.
What is an insurance quote?
- It is an estimate of the rate that your insurance provider may charge.
- It is subject to change based on the information provided by you at the time of the quote.
- It is always advisable to be more forthcoming with the information given to the insurance quote provider.
How can you get an insurance quote?
- You can call an insurance agent and provide the necessary information. You can expect the agent to call you back with a quote.
- You can get an insurance quote online based on the information you provide. In order to get an accurate quote online, you will have to provide a lot of detailed information.
What sort of information should be provided to get auto insurance quotes?
The following information has to be provided for auto insurance quotes:
- The zip code
- The make and model of the vehicle
- The driving history of the vehicle, including the miles driven per day
- Car history
- Details of car ownership
- Whether the car is used for personal or business purposes
- Number of cars owned
- The number of people who will be driving the car
- If the car has salvage title
- Insurance history
- Current insurance company
- The expiry date of the current policy
- Birth date
- Marital status
- Social Security Number
- Whether you own a house
- Driving violations, if any
What are the factors that affect the time taken to get auto insurance quotes?
- The number of drivers and vehicles that you have will affect the time taken to get auto insurance quotes.
- The time taken by the insurance agent to calculate the costs before returning the phone call in case you had called an agent matters too.
- Your computing skills if you choose to get a quote online will, naturally, determine how soon you can get your quote.
- The number of questions that you may have about the information given to you about the auto insurance quote also determines the time taken at arriving at a quote.
What are the disadvantages of insurance quotes?
- The quotes given by different companies often vary.
- This variation is regardless of whether the policies being compared are alike.
How do you overcome these disadvantages?
- You should compare quotes with at least four or five different insurance providers.
- Use the help of websites that instantly allow you to compare quotes from many auto insurance companies.
What are the different types of auto quote comparison sites?
- Quote comparison sites are companies that provide quotes. They do not sell their information to other insurance carriers.
- Lead generation sites, on the other hand, sell your information to their advertising insurance companies.
- Quote comparison sites are of two types, either real-time insurance quote sites or estimated quote sites.
- Estimated quotes are generated from historic data, whereas real-time quotes use current and more accurate information.
What are the different car insurance comparison sites with real-time quotes?
What are the different car insurance comparison sites with estimated quotes?
What are the different Lead generation sites?
- Net Quote
When should you compare car insurance policies?
- You should compare auto insurance policies every six months to a year; in other word, you should do it every time your current policy is due for renewal.
- If your needs have changed, you might want to review your existing policy and shop for what you currently require.