Most of us can’t afford to purchase a high-quality air conditioner as it costs way too much. While most of us may think of it as a luxury product, it seems like a necessity during the summers. Various models of air conditioners are available in the market, but all of these function on similar principles. It is essential to choose the right air conditioner as it will provide you with endless comfort during the hot summer months. Here are some questions and answers that will help you pick a cheap air-conditioner.
How to pick the right size of air conditioners for your house?
When it comes to any room, it is vital to have the right size of air conditioners. Here are some solutions that will help you find the correct size of air conditioner for your room.
- Window units have different sizes according to their cooling capacity which is measured in British Thermal Units (BTU).
- The cooling power ranges from 5,000-6,000 BTU to 12,000-12,500 BTU.
- Generally, 5,000 to 6,000 BTU will cool a room that measures two hundred to three hundred Sq. Ft.
- 7,000 to 8,500 BTU can cool rooms from two fifty to four hundred Sq. Ft.
- 9,800 to 12,500 BTU can cool rooms that measure between three fifty to six fifty Sq. Ft.
What is energy efficiency?
- Air conditioners are rated with a ten-star scale.
- The more stars, the more energy efficient is the air conditioner.
- Keep this in mind while comparing the costs of different air conditions. Take into account the current price of the air conditioner as well as the future cost of running it.
What are the advantages and disadvantages of a Honeywell portable air conditioner?
- The most prominent advantage of a Honeywell air conditioner is that it provides fast and efficient cooling even on a hot day.
- It comes with a power of 10,000 BTU that can cool a space of about 450 square feet.
- It also has some excellent features like air conditioning, dehumidifying, and a three-speed fan.
- This air conditioner also comes with a drain option that works continuously for a dehumidifying and automatic evaporation system.
- It has an electronic remote control, a thermostat, and a timer with a 24-hour setting.
- It comes with a washable filter and an automatic light that alerts the user to change the filter.
- It is mounted on wheels that will help you move the air conditioner with ease.
- One of the advantages of this air conditioner is that it comes with a five-year warranty on the sealed system. The parts and labor have a one year warranty.
- However, many users complain about the air conditioner malfunctioning after a few seasons.
- Some other disadvantages of this cheap air conditioner are the lack of sleep mode option, auto-start mode, and energy saver mode.
- Also, it has no energy star certification.
What are the benefits of the Arctic King air conditioner?
- Arctic King is a window-mounted air conditioner, so it is quite cost effective.
- This cheap air conditioner is energy efficient. It is a perfect choice if you don’t want a portable air conditioner.
- It comes with a power of 5000 BTU; hence it can effectively cool a room with an area of 150 square feet.
- It can help in removing some moisture from the air per hour.
Explain the advantages and disadvantages of a Frigidaire air conditioner?
- Frigidaire provides a variety of cheap air conditioner options to customers.
- These air conditioners have a power of 5000 BTU that can effectively cool down an area of about 150 square feet.
- It also has two fan-only speed with the feature of heating and cooling.
- It also comes with a seven-temperature setting option and auto restart option.
- It is easy to install this cheap air conditioner. Moreover, it is compact and lightweight.
- Another specialty of this air conditioner is its antibacterial washable mesh filter.
- You get a five-year warranty on this product. You also get a year-long warranty on its parts and labor which is an added advantage for all users.
- As this air conditioner is mechanically controlled, it provides fewer features.
- Unlike its competitors, this cheap air conditioner is limited to two-way air direction.