4 questions to understand 4G LTE cell phones better
The domain of mobile technology constant shifts and changes with new innovations and upgrades that enter the market at a lightning speed. One such upgrade has been the use of 4G LTE connectivity. With the release of 4G LTE cell phones, there has been a huge enhancement in the consumer mobile experience. Cell phone users are no longer restricted to making voice calls. Uninterrupted video calling and media streaming have been made possible due to the use of 4G LTE technology. If you are curious about 4G LTE and 4G LTE cell phones, here is some information you may find useful.
What does 4G LTE mean?
- 4G LTE offers one of the fastest speeds in the mobile technology domain. The term 4G indicates the fourth generation of cellular data technology. This technology has the capacity for nearly 100 megabits per second (Mbps) of downloads.
- LTE is the abbreviated form for long-term evolution. LTE is a technical process that allows accessing the high-speed Internet through cell phones and other mobile devices.
- 4G LTE technology has been developed by the 3rd Generation Partnership Project (3GPP™), which is a collaboration of multiple telecommunication standards associations. Although the technology was released in 2008, the first 4G LTE cell phones were released in 2010.
What is the difference between 4G and 4G LTE?
- There is no difference between 4G and 4G LTE. LTE is a type of 4G used to provide a high-speed mobile Internet connection. LTE provides the way for the devices to achieve the high speeds of 4G technology.
- When the minimum speed of 100 Mbps was set to achieve 4G, many devices were unable to truly achieve this speed despite technological upgrades made in order for them to be compatible with 4G.
- The regulating body International Telecommunication Union (ITU-R) decided to bring LTE, which is used to implement 4G standards, under the 4G label. Following this, network providers started marketing LTE connections as 4G LTE. This allowed them to advertise high speeds of 4G without actually meeting the standard speed required.
What are the features of 4G LTE cell phones?
- With 4G LTE cell phones, users can make uninterrupted video calls and voice calls over the Internet and stay connected with family, friends, and workmates located at remote locations.
- 4G LTE cell phones offer speeds of 5 to 12 Mbps. This allows high-speed video and audio streaming. Users can listen to their favorite music and watch their favorite series or movies over the internet on the go.
- The high-speed connectivity of 4G LTE cell phones also allows customers to share high-resolution videos, audios, and photos over the Internet without any hassles of upload failures.
Which are some of the popular 4G LTE phones?
- Apple iPhone 5– Available on AT&T, Sprint, and Verizon, the Apple iPhone 5 has some of the best apps. Priced at around $199 for the 16GB version, this phone gives an excellent performance and user experience with its high-end features and technical specs.
- Samsung Galaxy Note II– For those looking for a smartphone that can also be used as a tablet this 4G LTE cell phone from Samsung gives the best of both worlds. With a price of around $199, this phone has an amazing display with a high-speed processor that lets cell phone users use apps and features without any glitches.
- HTC EVO 4G LTE: With its built-in kickstand, this cell phone from HTC is known for its sturdy yet sleek design and powerful performance. 4G LTE connectivity for this phone is offered by Sprint. The price of this phone is around $200.
Tags: 4g lte cell phones